The third week's winner. Photo by Jack Young. Showcase our awesome city by entering our Ultimate SFU Vancouver Photo Contest!
The Ultimate @SFUVan Photo Contest
We think Downtown Vancouver is awesome.
Surrounded by world-class events, culture, amenities (can you say food trucks?), sports and above all else, people, SFU Vancouver students, staff and faculty get access to the best of all worlds.
We know you feel the same way, and over the next five weeks @SFUVan wants to celebrate your love of the city with our Ultimate SFU Vancouver Photo Contest.
Beginning next week, until September 17, we are giving away over $2500 in prizes to the people who can best capture the essence of Downtown Vancouver in photographic form.
For five weeks, we will be asking for photos that fit into five distinct categories. Each week a new theme is picked, showcasing what Downtown Vancouver has to offer, and your submitted photos will be posted to our SFU Vancouver Facebook Page.
How do you win?
At the end of each week the photo with the most ‘likes’ on our SFU Vancouver Facebook Page will win a weekly prize package, and will be entered into the finals to compete for our grand prize package. Our panel of experts will choose the grand prize recipient and the winning photo will also be displayed at one of our four downtown locations.
Weekly Prize (valued at over $350) package includes:
- $10 gift certificate to Nesters Market and a reusable jute bag
- Four tickets to The Comedy Mix
- A City Walks Vancouver Guide
- Two tickets to A Beautiful View at the Goldcorp Centre for the Arts
- Two tickets to either Good Timber or Chelsea Hotel at the Firehall Arts Centre
- A voucher for a cocktail party at Yagger’s for a group of 10
- Two tickets to SFU Public Square’s Opening Night at the Orpheum
- Two tickets to a Long Table Series Dinner provided by Heather Hospitality Group
- One SFU Vancouver USB stick
Grand Prize (valued at over $750):
- Two tickets to The Shins concert on September 25, at the Orpheum
- Four tickets to the BC Lions vs. the Calgary Stampeders on October 6
- One night stay at the Delta Vancouver Suites, including breakfast and parking
- One gift certificate for dinner at Spencer’s Resto Lounge
- One gift certificate for lunch at Manhattan Restaurant
- Two tickets to the SFU Public Square/Rain City Chronicles event
- Two tickets to ECM Generation 2012 provided by SFU Woodward’s
- Two tickets to any production at the Firehall Arts Centre
- $50 gift certificate to Rogue Wetbar
- $50 gift certificate to Steamworks
- $25 gift certificate to Nesters Market
For five weeks, photos will be submitted into five different categories. Each week will be associated with a different theme to show the diversity of SFU Vancouver as well as the city. The themes are as follows:
· Get Outside – deadline for submissions: August 12, 2012
· Arts & Culture – deadline for submissions: August 19, 2012
· Community – deadline for submissions: August 26, 2012
· Let's eat – deadline for submissions: September 2, 2012
· Diversity – deadline for submissions: September 9, 2012
All submissions are due by 11:59pm on their specific Sunday and must be submitted by email to email@example.com. Photos will be posted the following Tuesday on our SFU Vancouver Facebook page and winners will be announced each Friday.
At the end of each week, a winner will be selected based on the photo that has the most 'likes' within the themed album on our SFU Vancouver Facebook page, so make sure to share your photos with your friends on Facebook and Twitter!
Each weekly winner will be awarded a prize pack and is eligible to win the grand prize of a night out in Vancouver, including accommodation for a night for two at the Delta Hotel, free meals, and tickets to a BC Lions game and to a Shins concert at the Orpheum.
Now is there any better way to enjoy everything Vancouver has to offer than that? On top of all the cool prizes, the winning photo will be displayed at the SFU Vancouver campus for everyone to see!
The winners from each of the five weeks will have their photos posted in a finalists album and on September 17, 2012, a panel of SFU Vancouver judges will select the winner from the top five photos. Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to find out who wins!
- SFU staff, students, faculty and alumni (excluding SFU Vancouver administration), as well as the general public are eligible to participate
- Three photos per person per week
- Must “like” our page on Facebook
- All entries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, entries submitted through other means will not be considered
- Photos must be submitted with a description/caption of the photo (maximum of 50 words including where it was taken), and the photographer’s name. If there is more of a backstory, feel free to submit it all, it may however be edited. If other individuals are included in the photo, there names should be included as well.
- Files must be submitted as a JPG, labelled FirstName_SurName_Category.jpg example: John_Smith_Diversity.jpg
- All entries will be checked in terms of content prior to posting on the SFU Vancouver Facebook page. Any entries with inappropriate content will not be posted at the discretion of SFU Vancouver staff.
Judging for the grand-prize winner is based on the following criteria. Each photo can earn up to five points in the following categories for a total of 25.
· Compliance with the week's theme
· Overall composition
· "Wow Factor" - impact & attention grabbing
· Technique - lighting, focus, etc.
A special thanks to all of our sponsors: Delta Vancouver Suites, Steamworks Brewing Company, Rogue Wetbar, Yagger's, Firehall Arts Centre, Nesters Market, SFU Public Square, SFU Vancouver Registrar and Information Services, The Comedy Mix, Irish Heather & Heather Hospitality Group, and SFU Woodward's Cultural Unit.
Show everyone how great SFU Vancouver is and have your chance at winning a night out in Vancouver! We can’t wait to see your photos!
Must be emailed to email@example.com by the above deadlines to be eligible.
Photo Contest Legal: