Photo Contest Legal
The SFU Vancouver Photo Contest is open to all students who are eligible to enroll in Fall 2012 courses, as well as SFU alumni who have completed a Senate-approved degree, honorary degree, diploma, certificate or PDP program. The contest is also open to SFU faculty and staff, as well as the general public.
All entries will be approved by SFU Vancouver before being uploaded to the SFU Vancouver Facebook Page- the official place for all entries to be showcased. All entries will be reviewed by SFU Vancouver to ensure that the content does not infringe upon any rights, is appropriate in nature, and to ensure that all entries abide by the Contest rules.
· Three photos per person per week
· Must “like” our page on Facebook
· All entries must be sent to email@example.com, entries submitted through other means will not be considered
· Photos must be submitted with a description/caption of the photo of a maximum of 50 words (including where it was taken), and the photographer’s name. If there is more of a backstory, feel free to submit it all, it may then be edited. If other individuals are included in the photo, there names should be included as well.
· Files must be submitted as a JPG
· Files must be labelled FirstName_SurName_Category.jpg ex. Emily_Ross_Nightlife.jpg
· All entries will be checked in terms of content prior to posting on the SFU Vancouver Facebook page. Any entries with inappropriate content will not be posted at the discretion of SFU Vancouver staff.
Prize packs will be assembled for each week’s winner. A grand prize will be given to the overall winner. The grand prize will be an evening out in Vancouver for 2. This could potentially include: a night at a hotel, dinner, and a show or event. The grand prize winner will also have their photo framed and displayed at SFU Vancouver.
Property of Entries
Upon submission, SFU Vancouver shall have the unrestricted right to use, edit, and publish, any or all of the entries as well as the name, statements, biographical information and likeness of any and all participants without further approval or compensation. By entering this Contest, each participant unconditionally assigns and transfers to SFU perpetuity any and all rights, titles and interests in each entry including, without limitation, sharing copyrights and the right publicly to use, duplicate and exhibit, and to authorize others to use, duplicate and exhibit, its entries.
Selection of Winner
A panel of judges comprised of SFU staff will determine the finalist based on the following categories:
- Compliance with the week's theme
- Overall composition
- "Wow Factor" - impact & attention grabbing
- Technique - lighting, focus, etc.
Use of Photos
Any of the entries may be used for promotional, educational and/or informational materials produced by SFU Vancouver on websites, social media, etc. SFU Vancouver reserves the right not to use any Entries submitted in the Contest.. Participants declare their understanding of these rights when they enter the Contest.